Finding the Time to Study Languages
I was asked how I find the time to study languages. I am planning do a video on the subject. First I did a little research by googling the term above, “Finding the time to study languages.” You can do the same. I will list here the first few links that I came across.
Finding the time to study languages can be a problem for independent learners. Most independent learners do not live where the language is spoken. Most cannot afford the time to attend classes
Finding the time
. Most have professional, family and social obligations and routines. What to do?
1) Develop the ability to rely on listening as your major language learning activity. Develop the ability to listen while doing other tasks. This will give you at least 30 minutes, and usually much more every day, that you can devote to language learning.
2) Devote some of your reading time to reading in the language you are learning.
3) Devote some of your TV, video watching time to doing so in the language you are learning.
4) When you have the chance to speak do so, but don’t worry if you don’t.
5) Most of all decide that learning the language is important. We all find the time to do things that are important to us.